Angielski biznesowy – przydatne słownictwo i wyrażenia
Czerwiec 23, 2022 Agata Pruszyńska
W bieżącym miesiącu na moim blogu o języku angielskim możecie czytać całą serię wpisów poświęconych nauce słownictwa. Wszystkie wpisy bazują na dotychczasowych postach, które mogliście śledzić od kilku lat na moim fanpage’u na facebooku. Dzisiaj zajmujemy się angielskim biznesowym. Zapraszam do dalszej lektury i wspólnej nauki angielskiego online 🙂
Angielski biznesowy – przydatne słownictwo i wyrażenia
(1) MIDDLEMAN 🇬🇧 = is a person who is an agent between two parties. He tries to achieve an agreement between those two parties. He is also called intermediary (pośrednik 🇵🇱).
(2) AUGMENT 🇬🇧 = it means to compound, increase, make greater or more intense (powiększać, zwiększać 🇵🇱).
E.g. His salary has augmented recently. It was caused by very good financial results of the company in the previous year.
(3) INEFFICIENCY 🇬🇧 = ineffectiveness, it’s a lack of efficiency, we use it when we want to express that something is not effective (nieudolność 🇵🇱).
E.g. Our politicians showed a total inefficiency trying to implement new regulations.
(4) CURB 🇬🇧 = it means to clamp down, to limit, to restrain (ograniczyć, okiełznać 🇵🇱).
E.g. When I realised how much I spent in the last month, I decided to dramatically curb my expenses.
(5) LIFE IMPRISONMENT 🇬🇧 = is a kind of punishment when convicted person has to remain in prison until their death. It’s also called life sentence or life incarceration (dożywocie 🇵🇱).
E.g. Life imprisonment laws were abolished is some countries.
(6) BREAK OFF NEGOTIATIONS 🇬🇧 = to stop negotiations (zerwać negocjacje 🇵🇱).
E.g. Prime Minister has broken off negotiations with environmental activists.
(7) INSURANCE COMPANY 🇬🇧 = is a firm which provides compensation in case of damage, injury or any other hardship. You’re obliged to pay a monthly or annual premium for those services (firma ubezpieczeniowa 🇵🇱).
(8) CLASSIFIED ADVERTISEMENT 🇬🇧 = is a short advertisement in a newspaper or magazine. It can be an offer of job, renting a house, selling a car or anything else. It’s usually called classified ad (ogłoszenie drobne 🇵🇱).
E.g. She wanted to find a job as quick as possible so she started with looking up classified add in our local newspaper
(9) OUT OF STOCK 🇬🇧 = it means that something is not available any longer and we can’t buy it (wyprzedany 🇵🇱).
E.g. I wanted to buy this magnificent dress but unfortunately it turned out that it was out of stock.
(10) SPOKESMAN 🇬🇧 = a person who speaks for another people. He represents their matters. We can also call him a spokesperson (rzecznik 🇵🇱).
(11) GOLDEN HANDSHAKE 🇬🇧 = money or gift paid by the company to a person who is leaving (wysoka odprawa 🇵🇱).
(12) LOAN SHARK 🇬🇧 = is a person who lends money to other people at enormous interest rate (lichwiarz 🇵🇱).
E.g. He made a fortune by being a loan shark in early eighties.
(13) EQUITY CAPITAL 🇬🇧 = financial funds raised from issuing shares rather than taking out loans (kapitał akcyjny, kapitał własny 🇵🇱).
E.g. Raising equity capital is much safer than taking out loans.
(14) THE FINAL NAIL IN THE COMPANY’S COFFIN 🇬🇧 = means an event which contributes to the final fall of the company which had already been headed for collapse (gwódź do trumny firmy 🇵🇱).
E.g. Losing the biggest supplier was the final nail in the company’s coffin.
(15) Initial Public Offering (IPO) 🇬🇧 – takes place when a company offers its shares on a stock market for the first time (pierwsza oferta publiczna 🇵🇱).
(16) HOSTILE TAKEOVER 🇬🇧 = takes place when one company is trying to buy another one which is not willing to be bought. A company which is going to be acquired is called the target company (wrogie przejęcie 🇵🇱).
E.g. The first hostile takeover in Poland took place in 2008 when Vistula & Wólczanka S.A. [Plc] acquired controlling interest of jeweller’s partnership – W. Kruk
(17) SLEEPING PARTNER 🇬🇧 = someone who contributes capital to business, but doesn’t participate in its day-to-day affairs and management (cichy wspólnik 🇵🇱).
(18) STAY AFLOAT 🇬🇧 = when a company stays afloat, it means that it has enough money to operate and it doesn’t have any debts (być wypłacalnym 🇵🇱).
E.g. When I set up my own business, my priority was to stay afloat all the time.
(19) BALANCE SHEET 🇬🇧 = a document which reports the company’s financial situation at a particular time. It shows the amount of assets, liabilities and shareholder’s equity (zestawienie bilansowe 🇵🇱).
(20) DIVIDEND 🇬🇧 = is a part of profit of a company that is paid to shareholders for each share they have (dywidenda 🇵🇱).
E.g. Board of Directors decides on the amount of dividends which are paid to shareholders.
(21) RETALIATE 🇬🇧 = to do something in return for harmful action (e.g. to attact someone), to get revenge (brać odwet, zemścić się 🇵🇱).
E.g. Some countries, which want to retaliate against trade restrictions, impose tariffs.
(22) TAKE THE REINS 🇬🇧 = to take control, to take the government (przejąć stery 🇵🇱).
E.g. The president elect will take the reins on January 5.
(23) GIVE-AND-TAKE 🇬🇧 = when people make mutual concessions, e.g. in the process of negotiating. They have to give up sth and agree to sth else wanted by the other person in order to reach an agreement (kompromis, ustępstwo 🇵🇱).
(24) TESTIMONIAL 🇬🇧 = is a written statement of recommendation which expresses admiration and recognition (rekomendacja, referencje 🇵🇱).
E.g. The school is very successful which is confirmed by many testimonials.
Mam nadzieję, że taka forma wspólnej nauki angielskiego online Wam się spodobała. Jeżeli chcielibyście nauczyć się więcej słownictwa z zakresu angielskiego biznesowego, to koniecznie zajrzyjcie tutaj: Angielski biznesowy.